Please check our hours of operation before you visit.
The Ucluelet Aquarium has implemented the following COVID-19 precautions:
- Proof of vaccination must be presented upon entrance to the Aquarium. For more information on the BC “Proof of Vaccination” requirements, visit: gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard
- Masks are required while visiting the Aquarium.
- Touch tanks are unavailable at this time. Soap and disinfectants are harmful to the health of fish and invertebrates.
- There is a limited capacity and one way loop around the facility in order to maintain physical distancing.
- Guests will be asked to wash and dry their hands upon arrival at the outside handwash station.
- We ask that visitors be very careful not to touch any tanks or surfaces.
- Please limit your group size to 6 people.
- We ask that families and groups stay within arms reach of eachother to maintain safe distancing.
- No food or drink in the Aquarium.
- Please stay home if you are feeling unwell.
Please read the Tourism Ucluelet COVID-19 Updates for up to date information regarding visiting Ucluelet!
What else can I expect when visiting the Ucluelet Aquarium?
- We will have a limited number of guest in the aquarium which can result in varying wait times to enter. There is no protective covering outside the aquarium so please be prepared to wait outisde in whatever wonderful west coast weather might be occuring that day!
- You will be asked to wash your hands with soap & water at the sink outside the facility.
- Upon entering you will be greeted at the front desk by our staff behind a protective plexiglass barrier. Our staff will take payment for admission and review rules and policies with you and your group.
- We have multiple information signs and handwashing opportunities in the facility for your use.
- Increased cleaning & disinfecting of surfaces.
- Please be kind & follow our guidelines as you move through the aquarium. Thank you!
Opening May, 1st 2021
Open daily 10 am to 4:30 pm. Last entry 4 pm.
There are no advanced bookings. Visitors can enter the aquarium on a first come, first served basis.
Adults $16.00 (tax incl.)
Youth (4 – 17) $9.00 (tax incl.)
Students $12.00 (tax incl.)
Seniors (60 +) $12.00 (tax incl.)
Children 3 and under are Free!
Family Season Pass $65.00 + tax
(two adults and their children)
Adult Season Pass $30.00 + tax
Senior Season Pass $22.00 + tax
Student Season Pass $22.00 + tax
*Please note that a family pass includes direct family only. It does not include grandparents, cousins, neighbors, friends, etc. No substitutions.
Why A Seasons Pass?
Unlimited visits to the aquarium for the season: Each season typically runs from March 1st until November 30th. Membership is valid from your purchase date until the aquarium closes for the season.
A warm, fuzzy feeling in your heart: All proceeds from membership fees go directly into keeping the Ucluelet Aquarium up and running. When you purchase a season pass, you support the UA’s ongoing education and conservation goals; to raise awareness about marine biodiversity and promote respect for the ocean environment.
The Ucluelet Aquarium is wheelchair accessible. Our accessible entrance is located along the west side of our building on Main St, right before the Whiskey Dock. Please call or send a member of your group to the front desk and we will gladly open the door for you. Our washrooms are wheelchair accessible.